optoMap ® Retinal Exam
An optomap® Retinal Exam provides:
- A scan to show a healthy eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your doctor a more detailed view than he/she can get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap® image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your file, which allows Dr. Bill and Dr. Chris to view your images each year to look for changes.
Please schedule your optomap® Retinal Exam today!
For more information on the optomap® Retinal Exam, go to the Optos website at www.optos.com
Here is a growing collection of links to sites around the World Wide Web that are devoted to eye care and related health issues. If you know of other sites we should include here, be sure to let us know.
operated by Dr. Harold S. Masuda, a Southern California optometrist,
this is a good general-interest site for consumers and health professionals
alike, with much useful information, as well as news from the research
- The Eye Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization that provides up-to-date treatment information on topics such as macular degeneration, ocular oncology and related subjects.
- The Macular Degeneration Network is the Web's largest resource devoted specifically to the causes and treatments of macular degeneration, edited by Dr. Paul Finger of New York. It provides extensive background and information on new research and developments.
- Eye Care Links is an extensive gateway to related eye care sites and resources all around the Internet. Topics are grouped into general resources, glossaries and specific conditions, ranging from Amblyopia and Astigmatism/Myopia to Retinoblastoma and Strabismus.
- The American Optometric Association offers discussions on various eye conditions and concerns, clinical care, advocacy, education and related topics.
- Prevent Blindness America, founded in 1908, is among the nation's leading volunteer eye health and safety organization dedicated to fighting blindness and saving sight. It has data on assorted eye problems, such as cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, retinal tears and detachments and much more.
- The National Eye Institute of the U.S. National Institutes of Health has extensive reports on breaking health news, research, education, treatment and the latest studies.
- Optometrists Network is an eye health site with separate sections intended specifically for the general public, optometrists and therapists and teachers. The Optometrists Network began in 1996.
- VisionLossFYI.com focuses on the causes and treatment of vision loss and low vision caused by age-related disease or conditions of the eye, or by head injuries.
- Lighthouse International, founded in 1905 in New York City, is a leading resource worldwide on vision impairment and vision rehabilitation. Through its pioneering work in vision rehabilitation services, education, research and advocacy, Lighthouse International enables people of all ages who are blind or partially sighted to lead independent and productive lives.
- Glaucoma Foundation provides extensive information about the causes and treatments of glaucoma.
- The American Academy of Opthalmology has a site intended primarily for doctors, although the general public will appreciate its links to breaking medical news.